Episode 06 - Expectational Debt
Merlin Mann is back from Webstock and ready to recap with Dan Benjamin, which leads back to caring first, performance and fear, meditation, hypnotherapy, and why you really need the hard answer instead just more tips.
Initially Released March 1, 2011
Episode Page Expectational Debt
Recurring Topics and Characters
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help writing up summaries of major discussion topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help documenting meaningful quotes from episodes.
- The Conversation #27: Missionless Statements - 5by5
- MacSparky - Blog - Mac Power Users - Workflows with Merlin Mann
- Introducing the Hipster PDA - 43 Folders
- MacGuffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Amazon.com: Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware (Pragmatic Programmers) (9781934356050): Andy Hunt: Books
- Amazon.com: The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master (0785342616224): Andrew Hunt, David Thomas: Books
- Amazon.com: The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play (9781585425525): Neil Fiore: Books
- Back to GTD: Do a fast "mind-sweep" - 43 Folders
- "Creating Flow with OmniFocus," by Kourosh Dini, M.D. (HIGHLY recommended by Merlin)
- Hivelogic - The Paleo Diet: A Link Primer
- VIDEO: Makebelieve Help, Old Butchers, and Figuring Out Who You Are (For Now) - 43 Folders
- AUDIO: Quotidian Public Radio - "The 14-Second Work Year"
- PHOTO: "We Look Nice Today" by lonelysandwich - kung fu grippe
- Clear and Present Danger (1994)