Episode 17 - Brick Building Full of Lies
Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin talk about checking email under the table to catch up on your 27 high priority tasks, a good time to use the word priority, blowing cycles on meeting with Narnia's stakeholders, and getting tasks out of your dreamcatcher.
Initially Released May 27, 2011
Episode Page Brick Building Full of Lies
Recurring Topics and Characters
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help writing up summaries of major discussion topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help documenting meaningful quotes from episodes.
- ESSAY: Mud Rooms, Red Letters, and Real Priorities - 43 Folders
- ESSAY: GTD: Priorities don't exist in a vacuum - 43 Folders
- ESSAY: First, care. - 43 Folders
- HOWTO: Getting started with "Getting Things Done" - 43 Folders
- HOWTO: Building a Smarter To-Do List, Part I - 43 Folders
- WIKI: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (Importance vs. Urgency)
- WIKI: Alan Lakein (Lakein's question: "What is the best use of my time right now?")
- CONCEPT: GTD & "The Four-Criteria Model for Choosing Actions in the Moment" - Google Books
- CONCEPT: Time and motion study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- WEBB: Cheaper by the Dozen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- CHART: covey quadrants - Google Search
- OBVIOUS Raymond Carver Joke: "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" (WIKI)
- OAK of a Man: Ken Case - The Omni Group
- ROCKET: Estes 1948 Big Bertha Flying Model Rocket Kit (Amazon.com)
- ROCKET: 001948 - Big Bertha™ - Skill 1 - Kits By Skill Level - Rockets
- SONG: Bacon Ray - Sundays In A Row
- POEM: "The Waste Land" by T.S. Eliot as hypertext
- BOOK: The Waste Land: A Facsimile and Transcript of the Original Drafts Including the Annotations of Ezra Pound
- VIDEO: American Tourister "Gorilla" Commercial (1971)
- VIDEO: Caddyshack: Playing Through ("Over on Briar")
- BONUS AWESOME: Too Close to the Metal Wallpapers (Chainmail for Manatees)
- BONUS AWESOME: Cut the bullshit, do the hard work, on your desktop - Ice To The Brim
- BOOK: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (Amazon)
- DIAGRAM: Anatomy of the Derail: "You shouldn't be throwing anyone."