Episode 21 - Assistant TO the Regional Monkey
Merlin and Dan talk about the problem of permanent zeroes, desiring not to desire, why "hypocrisy" is killing you, stepping back on the path without apologizing, Merlin's new tattoo, and-yeah-going a little easier on yourself.
Also, how almost everything is like a glass of water and John Siracusa is literally and uniquely Squidward.
Initially Released June 22, 2011
Episode Page Assistant TO the Regional Monkey
Recurring Topics and Characters
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help writing up summaries of major discussion topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help documenting meaningful quotes from episodes.
- B2W Squarespace Signup (coupon code: "backtowork6")
- The Philosophies of Asia-Alan Watts (Introduction to Buddhism)
- [audio] Introduction to Buddhism by Alan Watts
- [audio] Alan Watts: "Yet, here we are."…"You are a wave of the stream itself. So, get with it!" - kung fu grippe
- The Sad, Beautiful Fact That We're All Going To Miss Almost Everything : Monkey See : NPR
- Maha-satipatthana Sutta: The Great Frames of Reference
- The Agendas of Mindfulness
- Brahmana Sutta: To Unnabha the Brahman
- Right Now by Thanissaro Bhikkhu | D.I.Y. Dharma
- The 84th Problem
- Mindfulness: The practice of being "here" | 43 Folders
- Lifehacked by Matt Haughey; mindfulness, ho | 43 Folders
- Sometimes There's a Man - mlkshk
- Decision Maker Pro
- Untranslatability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Heraclitus - The Fragments
- Schadenfreude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Wire (TV Series 2002-2008) - IMDb
- Sarlacc - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
- the size of tiny changes in the heart
- "Adulthood ultimately means becoming a hypocrite on your own terms."
- "People who regard honesty & hypocrisy as incompatible strike me as either dishonest, hypocritical, or both. Is that hypocritical? You bet."
- "David Simon: 'F*ck the Average Reader'" - kung fu grippe
- Wabi-sabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- After Dark #30: After Back To Work 021 - 5by5
- Jan Tschichold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia