Episode 75 - The Mayor of Perspective
TOPIC: Feeling Stuck in the Middle
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about a topic suggested by listener, @toddsandends: what happens when you're stuck enforcing rules you don't agree with?
Whether you're a security guard, an RA, a SysAdmin, a character on The Wire, or pretty much anybody else, sometimes there's just stuff you gotta do. Even when you think it's a terrible idea.
So, who's allowed to corrupt you, what's it worth, and how long is that going to be okay with you?
As ever, work is a lot of work.
Initially Released July 9, 2012
Runtime 1 hour 27 minutes
Episode Page The Mayor of Perspective
Recurring Topics and Characters
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help cataloging topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help writing up summaries of major discussion topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help documenting meaningful quotes from episodes.
- [SPONSOR] Squarespace (10% off with offer code, "yourshow")
- kung fu grippe - A Sense of Scale I've wanted to see what's...
- The Wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- dog diapers - Google Search
- X - See How We Are - (Acoustic) - YouTube
- kung fu grippe - Trinity "C'mon, help ol' Gil out here!"
- Brainstorm (1983)
- Brainstorm Movie Trailer - YouTube
- SF bay area all housing classifieds "birds" - craigslist
- MarsEdit 3 - Desktop blog editing for the Mac.
- The Wire - "These are for you McNulty" - YouTube
- Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan | Achieving balance between people and dogs
- San Francisco Multimedia Gulch Nostalgia via Yahoo Maps
- Online NewsHour: Multimedia Gulch -- July 20, 1999
- Making sense of Multimedia Gulch - SFGate
- Gil Gunderson - Simpsons Wiki
- LBi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia