Episode 77 - Sadness Harmonica
TOPIC: Motivation, Hardware Stores, and Fighting the Last War
This week, Dan and Merlin talk about motivation-how it changes, how it doesn't, and how it can be fueled by anxiety and cognitive dissonance.
There is also discussion of Merlin's pear tart problem, the challenge of the engineering triangle, and, yeah, a new t-shirt That's Fine for Merlin.
Initially Released July 23, 2012
Runtime 1 hour 25 minutes
Episode Page Sadness Harmonica
Recurring Topics and Characters
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help cataloging topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help writing up summaries of major discussion topics in episodes of your favorite shows. See the project page.
The 5by5 Wiki needs your help documenting meaningful quotes from episodes.
- Back to Work That's Fine for Merlin T-Shirt | 5by5
- [SPONSOR] DocuSign (Support 5by5 with a free 30 day trial)
- [SPONSOR] Squarespace (10% off with offer code, "yourshow")
- fjohnrickert: "@hotdogsladies That doesn't look like you at all! Where are the wrinkles? And the cane?"
- Commuting Takes Its Toll: Scientific American
- And now it's all this
- 5by5 | The Comic Shack #7: Snakt!
- Letters: Marx-Engels Correspondence 1864
- kung fu grippe • Ubiquitous Capture I already mostly forgot what...
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tracy, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fletch (1985)
- Search results for 'hipster pda' - All this
- B1 battle droid - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
- 5by5 | Mac Power Users #95: Engineering Workflows with Dr. Drang
- 5by5 | Systematic
- My curtain calls - All this
- Bolt upright - All this
- kung fu grippe - "Jeff Goldblum"